Nov 14th, 2013 by Heather Cruickshank, Social Media Intern
It’s been an amazing season! With our donors, volunteers, and community partners, Not Far From The Tree has picked more than 22,000 pounds of fruit from 348 trees, including apples, apricots, plums, pears, cherries, mulberries, ginkgo and more.
It’s time to celebrate!
Join us this Friday for our End of Season Celebration to enjoy:
- A nostalgic look back at the 2013 season. Find the missing half of a Not Far From The Tree photograph and fun fact from 2013 to post on our yearbook board. When you do, you’ll get free a roll of the dice – a chance to win a drink, raffle tickets, or other prizes.
- A live-action art session. Artist Lindsay Campbell will be on site, capturing the sights and spirit of the party with her paint and brushes. When the clock strikes 10:30, and carriages parked around the block revert to pumpkins, one lucky raffle winner will leave with Lindsay’s finished painting in hand.
- Your chance to win amazing raffle prizes. We’ve already teased a few prizes on our blog, including the chance to win big on an axe throwing party from the Backyard Axe Throwing League, a box of local chicken from West Side Beef Co., and two tickets for The Stop NightMarket. If those goods don’t get your blood racing, how about a pack of classes from Villaga Yoga? A gift certificate for Momofuku, Live Food Bar, or Fresh? A Brooks saddle from Curbside Cycle? Or a beautiful serving tray, crafted from salvaged apple wood by the artists at Storyboard Furniture?
- Gourmet grilled cheese, crab apple cocktails, and other tasty treats. What’s a party without good food and drinks? Wash down a bite of grilled cheese, apple crumble, or local preserves with a swig of beer, soft cider, or kombucha!
Plus, so many friends and friends-to-be from the Not Far From The Tree community will be there. Don’t miss this chance to celebrate the 2013 season together, while looking forward to years to come.
All proceeds from the party will support Not Far From The Tree’s picking program — allowing us to continue our work in the community with your help.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Not Far From The Tree’s Annual End of Season Celebration
Friday, November 15, 7:30-10:30 pm
Centre for Social Innovation – Annex
720 Bathurst Street, Toronto, ON
$10 at the door / $5 for 2013 volunteers and registered tree owners
Visit our Facebook page to let us know you’re coming and invite friends.