How much does local fruit inspire you?
Calling all painters, illustrators, photographers, performance artists, and other artist types! Not Far From The Tree is seeking several artists to be highlighted on the website and on social media channels as a retrospective of this picking season. Call it our “Artist in the Urban Orchard” program, if you will. We’re asking our lovely volunteers with a passion for art to document picks, create works inspired by our robust community, and explore their own relationship to local fruit.
Please send no more than two images or videos as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply to be one of Not Far From The Tree’s featured artists this year. The deadline is September 3rd, 2012.
Here are the details:
- All artwork must be original
- Artists would be invited to be featured on Not Far From The Tree’s website once over the course of the season
- Artwork should translate to a visual image on the website (500 pixels wide), and artists would get a credit link that could be linked to their online portfolio or website
- Artists could write 2-3 paragraphs describing their own work for the blog
- Artists would be encouraged to go on picks and document them; a special promo code will be set for featured artists
- Not Far From The Tree will hold non-exclusive rights to the work featured, and we reserve the right to use the images in future communications. Artists will be allowed to freely republish the work.
We eagerly look forward to your submissions!